Cinnamon is a popular spice used every day that brings warmth, pungent flavor, and natural sweetness. However, not everyone knows the health benefits of cinnamon. The 5 ways to prepare cinnamon powder below will help you fully promote the effectiveness of this spice for health.
The amazing health benefits of cinnamon
- Reduce inflammation: The antioxidants in the composition of Vietnamese cinnamon have anti-inflammatory effects, and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, cancer, and impaired brain function … cinnamon has more than 7 types of flavonoid compounds that are effective in reducing inflammation.
- Fight infections: Cinnamon essential oil has the ability to strengthen the immune system. Researchers have proven this spice has natural, safe antibacterial, antibiotic, antifungal, and antiviral properties.
- Cardiovascular protection: Cinnamon has the effect of reducing factors that cause cardiovascular diseases such as lowering cholesterol, triglycerides, and blood pressure.
- Stabilizes blood sugar: Natural compounds found in cinnamon such as chromium and polyphenols work to improve the body’s response to insulin effectively.
- Lowers the risk of diabetes: cinnamon can improve insulin sensitivity, this spice also has the ability to control blood sugar, reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes and fluctuating blood sugar.
- Fights against neurological disorders: Thanks to its antioxidant properties, organic cinnamon sticks can protect the brain against neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
5 simple, healthy ways to prepare cinnamon
Nowadays, organic cinnamon powder is widely used in cooking, healing, and beauty. Let’s make this familiar dish – drink with just a little cinnamon powder.
There are many people who start their day with a cup of coffee to boost energy for a busy working day. Add nutrients to your body by adding 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder to your morning coffee. It will help you with insulin levels and stabilize the digestive system.
Sweeten your coffee with coconut milk, and finally sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top.
Cinnamon Banana Oats are nutritious food. It is suitable for children and people who lose weight.
The recipe is extremely simple, just soak the oats for 30 minutes to expand. Boil the water, add the oats, and stir until the oats are soft. Slice the banana into medium pieces and sprinkle with cinnamon powder.
3. Fresh peach salad
Fresh peaches, peeled and cut into medium wedges. Cut the banana into slightly thick slices. Peel the pomegranate and remove the seeds. Put all the fruit on a plate then pour the sauce including honey, cinnamon powder, and lemon juice over.
4. Flaxseed, walnut cupcakes
Prepare flax flour or ground flaxseed. Place all ingredients (flax flour + eggs + butter + sugar + coconut flour + vanilla + cinnamon powder + lemon juice + baking soda + salt + chopped walnuts) in a bowl and mix well. Pour mixture into cupcake tins and bake at 325 degrees F for 18-22 minutes.
5. Cinnamon Popcorn
Pop the popcorn and let it cool. To make cinnamon caramel, melt butter, add brown sugar, and cinnamon, boil for about 5 minutes and then let it cool. Finally, add vanilla to enhance the attractive scent. Pour the cooked mixture evenly over the popcorn. Mix well so that all the popcorn is caramelized.
Hopefully, the 5 ways to use Vietnam cinnamon powder below will help you add more attractive recipes to your nutritious menu.