Dubai is known for its top-notch educational facilities and higher education of the highest caliber. If you want to relocate to Dubai for your education, you’ll need assistance from consultants or top law firms in the UAE to get a visa. Discover all the information on Dubai visa eligibility, the application process, and costs right here.
One of the world’s fastest-growing economies is Dubai, also known as the “City of Gold.” It is also the center of education in the UAE. Dubai’s colleges and universities offer top-notch instruction and welcome students from all around the world. All popular degrees, including those in science, engineering, technology, architecture, aviation, management, economics, media, fashion, IT, economics, and law, are offered by these institutions, which have earned international renown.
As a result of its rapid economic growth and development, Dubai offers a wide range of options for students. As a result, the number of students applying for a Dubai visa for both academic and professional reasons has steadily increased.
Why should one attend school in Dubai?
Let’s look at why Dubai is an excellent study destination before we discuss the Dubai visa.
- It is safe to live in Dubai.
- Its educational system is established.
- Dubai’s universities are outfitted with modern technology.
- Dubai has low living and tuition costs compared to other western nations.
- Its economy is among the fastest-growing in the world, and there are many chances for students there.
- Due to rapid development, there are several opportunities to acquire full-time jobs.
- Students studying in Dubai are exposed to about 200 different nationalities, which have diverse cultures.
Qualifications and required paperwork for a Dubai visa
In Dubai, there are numerous colleges and universities where international students can study, and the advice of your legal advisor in Dubai will be very helpful in the matter. You must finish all university requirements before requesting a student visa in Dubai if you are not a citizen of the United Arab Emirates or a member of one of the GCC countries (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, or Saudi Arabia).
The documentation needed to apply for a Dubai visa is listed below:
- A current passport
- Four passport copies
- 12 current images with a white background that are the size of a passport.
- A letter of acceptance from the university you applied to.
- A legitimate bank statement
- A lease that controls how a property may be used. If an applicant doesn’t have one, they must get a letter from their university requesting one.
- A true copy of the invoice for the tuition.
- A genuine duplicate of the visa fee receipt.
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript (undergraduate or graduate).
- A student must go through a medical examination at an approved facility.
- A chest X-ray, a COVID, HIV, Hepatitis B, C, Leprosy, Syphilis, and Tuberculosis test are required.
The student in issue will most likely be deported if any of these tests are found to be positive. The student can remain and receive treatment if they have syphilis, though.
Student visa for higher education
A student visa is given to international students who are over 18 and living in the UAE and during your consultation period, your legal advocates in Dubai will reecho this. Outstanding students will be qualified for a long-term visa, according to a declaration made by the UAE government in November 2018.
Requirements for a long-term, five-year visa.
Public or private secondary school pupils must graduate with a grade of at least 95%.
Both domestic and international university students must have a GPA of at least 3.75 in order to graduate.
Note: Families of top students will also be qualified for visa advantages.
Who can obtain a student visa?
Students attending university or college in the cities of the UAE require a student visa. Students must be at least 18 years old to qualify.
How long is the student’s visa valid?
Currently, a student visa in Dubai is only good for a year. However, if the student provides verifiable confirmation from the appropriate educational institutions in the UAE, it may be extended.
Who issues a student visa for Dubai?
Each emirate in Dubai, which is represented by the pertinent General Directorate of Residency, issues student visas. The applications for visas are then processed by Foreigners Affairs.
Can academic institutions aid in a student’s visa application?
Yes, authorized colleges and universities can help students obtain a visa immediately. However, enrollment in a UAE college does not guarantee the granting of a visa and you may require startup legal services if you’ve received any advice that differs. To be eligible for a Dubai visa, you must pass medical examinations, a security check, and obtain approval from the GDRFA.
How may UAE citizens who are expatriates get their children’s student visas?
The law in the UAE forbids resident foreign parents from continuing to sponsor their male child after the age of 18. Male students seeking higher education in the UAE or abroad are an exception and are eligible for the Dubai student visa. Male students who are over 18 years old can thus stay in Dubai on their parents’ resident visas.
However, these students must provide documentation proving they have been enrolled for at least a year in a higher education institution. Parents who live abroad may continue to fund their female children’s education regardless of their age. Parents of the students must present university diplomas that have been formally attested.
Eligibility requirements for overseas undergraduate and graduate students
- A challenging IELTS or TOEFL score, depending on the standards of your university.
- English proficiency tests may not be required of students who have received ISC/CBSE scores of more than 75% or who are Cambridge English students.
- A grade point average of at least 60 percent after completing at least 12 years of education.
- The IELTS exam may not be taken by students whose English proficiency score is higher than 75%.
- Students must take the EmSAT to be considered for undergraduate admission to selective universities.
EmSAT is a system of computer-based exams used nationwide for both basic and competitive university admissions. Both public and private universities are eligible to use it. Arabic, English, mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science, and biology are the disciplines covered by the EmSAT.
Note: Foreign students are not required to take Arabic.
- Foreign universities having branches in Dubai need students to have credentials that are on par with those from their home nations.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 60% for your undergraduate degree.
- Competitive TOEFL or IELTS scores to demonstrate English competence
- Students must have 2-4 years of relevant job experience before applying to MBA programs in Dubai.
The average annual tuition for both undergraduate and graduate programs in Dubai is shown in the table below. However, the costs do vary depending on the program and school you are applying to. Fees are a risky topic and you mustn’t trust anybody who gives information, instead use a list of top law firms in Dubai to get the best way forward and any other information available on government websites.
|AED 37,500 – AED 70,000 per annum
|AED 55,000 – AED 75,000 per annum
Student visa prices for Dubai
It will cost you about AED 100 to apply for a student visa in Dubai for the first time. Your student visa will cost the same to renew after a year.
Work Permit for students in Dubai
Here is what you should know if you plan to live and work in Dubai while you are a student:
- Only part-time employment, and only off-campus, is permitted for international students. The Department of Labour in the United Arab Emirates must grant them permission.
- Additionally, students must get permission from their college or university to work part-time.
- Only college students who are at least 18 years old may work.
- During classes, students may work up to 15 hours per week or 60 hours per month.
- Students may work up to 160 hours per month or 40 hours per week during the summer.
Dubai’s employment prospects for graduates
After completing your program in Dubai, you have a wide range of internship possibilities. Most of these internships, though, are unpaid. Dubai also provides a wealth of profitable job possibilities and room for expansion in a variety of industries.
What you need to know about requesting a work permit in Dubai is provided here.
- Students can apply for a renewed Dubai visa if they have a GPA of 3.75 or higher.
- Outstanding students can apply for a long-term visa that lasts for five years. This makes it possible for them to remain in the UAE and look for employment.
- Following graduation, students can look for employment before submitting an application for a work visa.
- One of the most common types of work visas in Dubai is the residence permit for employment.
- The employment age in the UAE is 18 years old.
We offer professional, efficient, and affordable legal services to all clients. Our team of legal advocates in Dubai is specialized in their respective areas of expertise such as Civil and Commercial Law, Family Law, Criminal Law, Contract Drafting and Conveyancing, International Arbitration & ADR, Employment Law, Travel visas & residence permits, etc. Book a consultation with us today.